I had a chance to play with PeopleTools 8.54 the other day in my virtual environment. Just trying to see what the upgrade process will look like for us when we go forward. A few initial thoughts:
- The installer.properties format for 8.54 hasn’t changed from 8.53, so you can still use the installer file I posted a while back. Good news for automated installs!
- Bad news for automated installs – I can’t seem to get the installer to run silently from a network location. Seems like some sort of signed executable issue on Windows Server 2012 R2. I will need to look at this to figure out a way around it. The wrapper scripts might need work.
- WebLogic 12 has moved to the Fusion Middleware model and as such, all the WebLogic install wrappers and PSU update wrappers I wrote for 10.3.6 don’t work at all anymore and will need a rewrite. Patching is now done using opatch instead of bsu.
- Tuxedo 12 works just like before, so good news there. Saves some work.
- I have been reading through the install documentation and can’t figure out if they have moved search to Secure Enterprise Search finally or if you still need Verity. Verity isn’t listed in the documentation, but it’s part of the Campus Solutions package download from Oracle’s E-Delivery site. Any readers know the situation here?
I’m glad I took some time to try this out as the start of the upgrade process would have been a bad time to find out the automated installers didn’t work anymore.
If and when I end up rewriting the wrappers I’ll put them up on GitHub and let everyone know.